Provided by Syracuse University
To promote learning through teaching, research, scholarship, creative accomplishment and service.SU's Vision
* To be a university whose five core values of quality, caring, diversity, innovation and service are pervasive and evident among all its members.
* To have a workplace environment that attracts and retains a superior and diverse faculty and staff who motivate, educate and serve students.
* To be a safe, secure, well-maintained campus readily accessible to all populations in both reality and perception. * To maintain a sound fiscal position through optimum enrollment and increased external support, and to allocate resources in a manner consistent with the university's mission and vision.
This compact, adopted by the Syracuse University Senate on November 18, 1992, commits the academic community to the new mission and vision statements and to develop programmatic ideas for their implementation. The statement of the compact commits the various campus constituencies to working together to promote learning and a positive campus culture:
We the students, faculty, staff, and administrators of Syracuse University will:
* support scholarly learning as the central mission of the University,
* promote a culturally and socially diverse climate that supports the development of each member of our community,
* uphold the highest ideals of personal and academic honesty, and
* maintain a safe and healthy environment for each member of our community.
In all aspects of university life, we will work together to reach these goals.