Provided by San Diego State University
SDSU offers 81 bachelor's degrees, 74 master's degrees and 14 joint-doctoral degrees. With a degree from SDSU, the possibilities for a successful career are endless. SDSU alumni from all fields of study not only make a difference in the San Diego area, but around the world.
Academics, the Arts and Community Involvement
* SDSU ranks second nationwide, and first in California, for students studying abroad as part of their college experience.
* SDSU ranks eighth in the nation for the most bachelor's degrees awarded to Hispanics and 11th in the nation for bachelor's degrees awarded to minorities.
* The Cultural Arts and Special Events program offers a coffeehouse talent series, multi-cultural noon-time concerts, films screenings, and many special events.
* SDSU students volunteer more than three million hours in the community each year.
Unique to SDSU
* SDSU is the largest university in San Diego and the third largest in California.
* The San Diego Trolley is an affordable way to get from SDSU to all of the hot spots around San Diego, including Qualcomm Stadium, Fashion Valley mall, Old Town San Diego, and Tijuana.
* Cox Arena is one of the premiere collegiate arenas in the nation: home to Aztec Basketball and host to entertainers like Gwen Stefani, Van Halen, Maroon 5 and Jennifer Lopez.
* One in seven adults in San Diego who holds a college degree attended SDSU. This alumni connection provides students with internships and career opportunities after graduation.
* KPBS, San Diego's public television and radio station, is owned and operated by SDSU. The station is rated among the top 10 public broadcasting stations in the country.
Student Life and Activities
* Number of student organizations: 200+
* Greek life: 50+ fraternities and sororities
* Athletic Division: NCAA Division I
* Number of study abroad programs: 190
* ROTC: Army, Navy, and Air Force programs